Vroom online appraisal tool redesign
Redesign the online appraisal tool as rebuilding the platform in a new stack.
Team: Product managers, Product designer (me), Developers
(My role: UX/UI design, QA)
• Submitting the car photos section has a high bounce rate. • Take the photo submission out. • Increase the completion rate by shortening the process.
• Hard to get the right appraisal price within a short period.
• Get VIN to have accurate vehicle info.
• Show the appraisal price automatically once the user submits it.
• Increase the acquisition rate from appraisals submitted.
• Submitting the car photos section has a high bounce rate.
• Take the photo submission out.
• Increase the completion rate by shortening the process.
Research and discovery
Based on the existing data result, we did work sessions to define the MVP.
I created a UX flow to see the user journey and started to sketch out the experience.
Prototype and usability test
I made prototypes based on the user flows and sketches, and did a usability test to get the feedback.
Mobile high fidelity prototype.
The outcome from the launch
Three times more submission volume.
High engagement rate: After the first-page drop (41%), the rest of the page conversions are above 95%.
Double the number of accepting the appraisal price.
Back to work